Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Labor Day Famous Quotes

Labor Day Famous Quotes
Labor Day is a day to take it easy and reflect on our labor.   Specially in these times of uncertainty and lack of work, people that have jobs should be grateful for having them and appreciate it.
Here are some famous quotes about labor day.  Hope you enjoy them.

A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them. Elbert Hubbard

I believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living. John D. Rockefeller

A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. Albert Einstein



God give me work, until my life shall end. And life, until my work is done. Epitaph of Winifred Holtby

A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity. Thomas Jefferson

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson

It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. Theodore Roosevelt

Before the reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy. Ralph Ransom

There is no labor a person does that is undignified; if they do it right. Bill Cosby

All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence. Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment